Verse

But exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. Hebrews 3:13

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bio-Poem

Katie,

Friendly, diligent, thoughtful, fun.

Daughter of caring parents.

Lover of soccer, acting, roller coasters, kids.

Feels happy, spastic, empathetic, protective.

Needs Jesus, friends, family, structure.

Fears spiders, eye gouging, small spaces, and failure.

Gives hugs, time, advice, and encouragement.

Would like to see my Compassion child, Costa Rica, Jesus recognized worldwide.

My heart resides where my family is.  

Landon


I was required to write this poem for one of my education classes. I followed a particular format and listed words to describe what I am like, who I belong to, what I like to do, feelings I feel, things I need, things I fear, things I give, things I wish for, and where I live. It was actually challenging to write because it was difficult for me to pick three or four words for each category. It is sometimes easier to describe other people. I found myself writing bio-poems in my head for my friends and family members when I was attempting to write mine. I think this would be a great way to get to know your students at the beginning of the year. If you are not a teacher, you could just try writing this bio-poem for the fun of it. Writing this type of poem really made me think about my priorities and what is truly important in my life. 


3 comments:

  1. Ok...talked me into using this in my classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is this mom? You follow Katie's blog and not mine? NOT acceptable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just showed her how to get a google account. Don't take it personally!

    ReplyDelete